Everyone has looked into their mirror and seen a giant blackhead staring them in the face, and it can be one of the most challenging aspects of personal care to keep your face free of blackheads. They are relatively hard to get rid of, as they are so small and difficult to see without looking closely at your skin. There are Effective Ways To Get Rid of Blackheads that you can do to help prevent them from developing on your skin, as well as clear your skin of blackheads if there are many present on your face.
Comedones are build-ups of skin oil and dead skin cells, and blackheads fall under the category of comedones. However, instead of being the kind of comedones that are sealed, like regular pimples are, they are open. It means that the dirt and germs floating around in the air can get inside an open pimple. The open comedones is an indent in the skin and can resemble little plugs. There is a difference between whiteheads or regular pimples, and blackheads and the treatment for each is different.
A blackhead is usually the result of your dead skin cells clogging up one of the pores in your skin. When this happens, usually the skin oil, or sebum, that is produced by the sebaceous glands in each pore is unable to escape to the surface of the skin. It could be the result of a pore being misshaped or the result of too many dead skin cells that obstruct the exit of the oil from the pore.
The reason for the color of blackheads is due to the oxygen content in the air, which colors the skin oil black when it is exposed. It causes the oil in the open comedones to turn the nasty black that gives blackheads their name.
Usually, hormonal imbalances or surges are the cause of excess oil being produced, as the hormone androgen that is generated in the reproductive organs and adrenal gland is what regulates the production of sebum. Cosmetics and beauty products are also one of the leading causes of blackheads, as they tend to clog the pores. They are often oil based, and will usually combine with the sebum that is produced by your body to create an excess of oils that will obstruct the pores of your skin.
Many people also have a genetic predisposition to breakouts of acne, and many people receive this gene from their parents. It only takes one parent who was prone to having acne to run the risk of having that gene passed down, and it is widespread to receive that tendency from one’s parents.
Effective Ways To Get Rid of Blackheads
- As much as possible stay away from using products that are oily or greasy, such as oil based moisturizer or makeup. Just cutting down some oily products that contact your skin will have a huge effect on your risks of breaking out in acne.
- Always use a facial cleanser that has water as its base, and try to find products that are gentle on the skin.
- Never use regular bars of soap as a face wash. There are some components in bars of soap that will increase your chances of the pores being clogged. They are also a cause of the skin cells flaking away prematurely. Anyone who experiences extra dry skin should use a facial cleanser that contains moisturizing properties but should be wary of adding too much extra oil to their skin.
- You should try to exfoliate as often as possible, as exfoliation is the best way to get rid of the dead skin cells that are the cause of clogged pores.
- Try to use pads that absorb the excess amounts of oils that your skin is producing, or use a mint-free, peppermint-free, and irritating substance-free clay mask.
- Take a lot of Vitamin A to help keep your skin clear, or get a prescription for Retinoids from your dermatologist.
- Try to lower the quantities of androgens being produced in your body, using hormone blockers or birth control pills with low doses of hormones to counteract the production of androgens.