Foods To Avoid During Pregnancy
The following is a list of foods to avoid during pregnancy. When you are pregnant, you must be much more careful about the types of food you eat, eating the wrong thing may bring unnecessary risk to you and your unborn child.
The Following Foods Should Be Avoided
1. Soft Cheese- Soft cheese which is made from unpasteurized milk is a big NO NO. Cheese like Brie, Feta, Camembert, etc. may contain E-coli or listeria. Save them until after you have given birth.
2. Cake Batter and Cookie Dough- You may love to eat cookie dough, but you shouldn’t when you are pregnant because it may contain salmonella.
3. Unpasteurized Milk- As shown above with soft cheese, it may contain E-coli, listeria, salmonella or other bacteria.
4. Raw shellfish- may contain Vibrio bacteria. You can eat shellfish, but it must be cooked properly.
5. Raw Sprouts- Sprouts like radish, mung bean, etc. should be cooked well because they may contain E. Coli or salmonella.
6. Unpasteurized Juice or cider- Watch out cause they may have E-Coli
7. Some fish- Some fish contains high levels of mercury. Check the nutritional content of fish before eating. Salmon and catfish are beautiful.
One of the main things you should be aware of foods to avoid during pregnancy is undercooking. Make sure the food you cook is never undercooked, and you will avoid most types of bacteria that some food could potentially contain.