Every young mother is concerned about how can she increase the breast milk. It’s a very common question asked by mothers without getting an effective reply. If you want to increase the supply of the milk you can follow these simple and natural ways to increase the milk.
Instructions: How To Increase Breast Milk Naturally
- Always allow your baby to suck for long periods and more often. When the baby is suckling your brain receives a message that there is a lack of milk in the breasts hence it produces more milk for your baby. This is a very effective way as it naturally increases the breast milk in your body.
- Always continue to feed your baby with breast milk till the end. You should never stop feeding your baby in between as it gives the signal to your brain to stop producing the milk. Also, the last portion of the breast milk is considered to be healthier as it contains healthy fat which is important for weight gain and growth of the baby.
- You need to be hydrated all the time as your body is producing so much milk for your baby. Always drink a lot of water, juices and other fluids. All though this will not lead to producing extra milk it will keep you hydrated and healthy. Eat fresh fruits and green vegetables as this will keep you healthier and stress-free. A healthy body is necessary for producing healthy breast milk.
- You should increase the caloric intake. Young mother these days are too much worried about reducing the weight they gained during pregnancy. This is not a very healthy approach for you and your baby as it may lead to malnutrition. Breastfeeding requires an extra 500 calories each day so don’t forget to increase your food intake. Moreover, low-calorie intake might lead to poor quality of breast milk which will lead to poor health of the baby.
- Drinking tea which contains natural herb fenugreek may help in increasing the milk supply. It is an effective way to increase the breastfeeding for your child. It is an effective herb and is available in markets these days. It’s a natural expectorant as its side effect is to produce more breast milk. With the consumption of this herb, your breast milk may also have a smell of maple syrup. Read the manufactures direction see the amount of consumption each day.