It is a general concern with the mother that whether breastfeeding is meeting the nutrition requirement of the child or not. In some cases, the breast may not supply milk. Below are tips which may help you How to Increase Breast Milk Supply.
Tips for increasing breast milk supply
- You can increase breast milk supply by frequently pumping or nursing. It can be done by nursing the baby frequently. You can feed your baby in every 2-3 hours.
- You can also add pumping with the nursing of your child. Pumping after nursing the baby can also be done.
- Feed your baby with both of the breasts. This would help in increasing milk production.
- It would be better to nurse the baby until he himself stops feeding or sleeps.
- If for some reasons, you can not nurse your baby on breasts then it would be better to do double pumping through an electric pump. This should be done for 10-15 minutes. This helps in increasing the Prolactin hormone level which is responsible for increasing milk production in the body.
- Water intake also stimulates milk production. Make sure that you have enough water consumption during the whole day. However, it would be good to take an appropriate amount of water drinking excessive water may also cause harm.
- Make yourself stress-free and enjoy moments with your baby. This way you will feel good and relaxed while feeding your baby.
- Fenugreek is considered to be one of the herbs which increase milk supply in the body. Take appropriate dosage of this herb. It would be good to consult your doctor before taking any such herbs.
- Do not give any other food supplement like juice or other solid food to your baby. This would reduce his nursing time. Hence this will reduce the stimulation of milk production.
- Protein and calcium are known for increasing milk production in the body. Take foodstuffs which are enriched with protein and calcium to increase the milk production. A balanced and healthy diet plays a vital role in milk production in the body.
- Breast massage increases milk production in the body. You can massage your breasts whenever you need. This would help in stimulating the milk production in the body.
Finally, if you find none of the above methods working then it would be better to consult your doctor.