Different Types of Warts
To assist you in finding the best wart remover for your different types of warts, here is a description of the most common types of warts. Although there are over 100 different types of the human papillomavirus (HPV) virus, warts are classified into one of six categories.
6 Types of Warts
- Common Warts – Most often appear on a person's hand, although, they can appear anywhere on the body. They are rough to the touch, have a cauliflower-like look, shaped like a dome and have a fleshy gray coloring. They can appear as a single wart or as multiples.
- Plantar Warts – Grow on the bottom of the foot. Seem to be hard thick patches of skin with dark specks throughout. These types of warts can make walking painful because it may feel like you are stepping on something as you walk and put pressure on the wart. Similar to having something in your shoe. They can appear as multiples as well
- Flat Warts – appear on arms, face, and legs. They tend to be smaller than other warts (about the size of an eraser on the top of a pencil). Their tops are flat, and they light brown, pink, or light yellow.
- Filiform Warts – appear in the areas of the face near the mouth, nose and beard area. They match the color of your skin and have the thread like growth coming out of them. These warts can make a person feel extremely self-conscious because they are visible to everyone.
- Periungual Warts – Grow under and around your fingernails and toenails. They look like rough bumps with an uneven surface and border. These types of warts can restrict nail growth.
- Genital Warts – Appear around the vulva, vagina, cervix, rectum, anus, penis or scrotum. Caused by HPV Types 6 and 11. These are a sexually transmitted disease. Passed from person to person during sex and oral sex.
The different types of warts will go away on their own. Although many people will want to find the best wart remover to eradicate the concern.