Different Types Of Acne
You know? There are some different types of acne. The kind of acne types can be done by various factors. But in this section of our best acne treatment website, we will divide the different types of acne by severity of a condition. The most important types of acne are:
- Acne Vulgaris
- Acne Rosacea
- Acne Conglobata
- Acne Fulminans
- Gram-Negative Folliculitis
- Pyoderma Faciale (Rosacea Fulminans)
Acne Vulgaris – Most Common Type of Acne
Acne vulgaris is the most common type of acne. Most of the people usually suffer from this kind of acne. To this kind of different acne spots are formed on various skin parts. These spots are multiple types of whiteheads, blackheads, papules, pustules, nodules, and cysts.
In the initial stages of acne vulgaris, the skin pores are entirely blocked. The dead skin cells, sebum oil, and bacteria are present in the skin. The inflammatory reaction under the skin creates a bump in the skin and results in the whiteheads on the skin. The whiteheads have the very short lifespan and are healed automatically when all of the trapped secretions are secreted on the outer skin.
During Acne Vulgaris, sometimes the skin pores are not completely blocked. Due to this reason, some of the material present under the skin is leaked out. Melanin is a skin pigment that is also leaked out from the partially opened skin pores. The oxygen is in the air reacts with the melanin, and an oxidation reaction occurs resulting in the black color material. It makes the acne spots black. These acne spots are called blackheads.
Papules are another type of acne vulgaris spots having no head. These are red and are inflamed spots. If these papules are squeezed, they may result in the scar formation on the skin.
The pustules are also inflamed type of acne spots. They appear on the skin as red circles. These places have the yellow or white colored central portion.
When the acne vulgaris becomes severe, it results in the formation of nodules. Nodules are the sensitive spots and are usually larger. These nodules have a long life cycle and may stay on the skin for several months. These are present under the surface of the skin, and they usually result in the scar formation. There are special treatments to remove these nodules. You should not try to squeeze these nodules as this may result in severe skin trauma and the life of the nodules will become more than its normal life.
A puss filled and painful nodule is called a cyst. Its diameter may be equal to 5mm or more. The cysts usually result in the scar formation and if they are squeezed, can cause the infection and will be more painful.
Acne Rosacea – A Type Similar to Acne Vulgaris
It is the standard type of acne that affects millions of people. Its conditions are similar to acne vulgaris, and sometimes it becomes difficult to distinguish between both types. The main characteristics of this acne are:
- It usually affects the people after the age of 30 years.
- Red rashes are seen on the skin.
- Red rashes are usually seen on nose, cheeks, chin, and forehead.
- Pimples, bumps and skin blemishes are also seen on the skin.
- The blood vessels become more prominent and visible in the affected parts of the skin.
- Women have more chances to be affected by this type of acne.
It may rarely occur in men. But it is developed in men it is very severe and affects more badly.
- If this acne is not treated, it may result in the swelling of the nose.
- The treatment of this type of acne is different from the normal type of acne. So if you feel that you have this type of acne, then you should consult with a competent skin specialist and should not try to handle it yourself.
Acne Conglobata – A Severe Type Of Acne
It is the severe type of acne is very rare. The main characteristics of this type of acne are:
- This type of acne is common in men and rarely seen in women.
- Skin is covered with large lesions. These lesions may be interconnected. Some lesions may have the blackheads.
- This acne can affect skin severely, and its effect cannot be reversed.
- It forms the scars on the skin.
- Commonly affected body parts are the face, shoulders, back, arms, thighs, and buttocks.
- It is usually developed at any age between 18-30 years.
- This condition lasts for many years.
It is the next step of the acne Conglobata. It usually affects young men. The main symptoms are:
- Nodules formation is common.
- May result in the ulcerative acne.
- Skin scarring is widespread.
- The affected person may feel the fever and aching of joints.
- Antibiotics are not used to treat Acne Fulminans. Instead, oral steroids are given to handle this type of acne.
Gram-Negative Folliculitis – A Very Rare Type of Acne
The main characteristics of this type of acne are:
- The long-term unsuccessful treatment of acne vulgaris using antibiotics results in this kind of acne.
- Pustules and cysts are formed due to the bacterial infections.
- It is a rare type of acne.
- Isotretinoin is found to be very useful to treat this acne.
Pyoderma Faciale (Rosacea Fulminans) – A Severe Facial Type Of Acne
The main characteristics of this type of acne are:
- It is a severe type of acne.
- It is facial acne. It means that it only affects the face.
- It is only developed in females.
- Can occur at any age between 20-40 years.
- Large and painful nodules, sores and pustules are formed. These all may scar.
- This acne develops suddenly, and there are no prior stages before the development of this acne.
- The usual life of this acne is less than one year.