Natural Cure for Hemorrhoids
Natural Cure for Hemorrhoids - Hemorrhoids or commonly known as piles is a condition in which the veins around the lower rectum or anus are inflamed and swollen.
It may be caused due to a constant strain to move the stool, or due to other contributing factors like pregnancy, obesity, chronic constipation or diarrhea, aging and anal intercourse. Hemorrhoids can be internal or external and be depending on the severity they can be classified into four degrees. Hemorrhoids treatment largely depends on the severity of the symptoms and the stage.
Besides medications and other surgical procedures if you have the mild form of hemorrhoids then they can be taken care of by some hemorrhoids natural cures. Following these natural cures for hemorrhoids can temporarily relieve your pain, inflammation, and swelling and prevent any flare-ups.
- Healthy bowel movement – The best way to deal with the problem is to treat the cause, in case of hemorrhoids the culprit is hard stools. Try to make your stools softer as they will less damage the already irritated and swollen veins in your anus.
- This can be done by drinking lots of fluids and water and eating a high fiber diet. You can increase your fiber in the diet by emphasizing fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, cereals and its products. Increase your fiber in the diet gradually to avoid any flatulence problem.
- Certain stool softeners or natural fiber supplements can also be started after conforming to your specialist. If at all you are on fiber supplements then make sure to drink at least 10-12 water daily to avoid constipation.
- Oiling – Once you are working towards making your stool softer by increasing water and fiber content, to make the defecation task simpler you can dab your anal area with some petroleum jelly. This will make the bowel movements smoother.
- Toilet training – It is time to learn some cleaning technique after you pass your stool.
- Dry toilet paper can be starchy and irritate the hemorrhoids. Always use non-scented, non-colored toilet paper and before wiping dampen it with little water. Although hemorrhoids can provoke the act of scratching, do not scratch as this act can further damage the walls of the delicate veins.
- Sitz baths – Soak yourself in warm water tub with your knees 3-4 inches raised, this is one of the popular and effective hemorrhoids home remedies.
- Sitting in warm water twice or thrice daily will not only help to kill the pain but will also help to increase the blood flow in the anal region which can in turn help decrease the swollen vein.
- Hazel – If you have an external bleeding hemorrhoid then apply a dab of witch hazel to the rectum region with a cotton ball.
- Other foods – Control your salt intake and intake of other foods like strong spices, coffee, colas, and beer as these foods can worsen the symptoms.
- Exercise – Stay active but avoid heavy exercise or lifting and moving weights. Mild and simple exercise can reduce extra pressure on the veins, relieve constipation and also help lose excess body weight.